Hi, I'm Brenna. Follow me as I follow my Savior into the arms of the broken. It's truly satisfying to be part of something bigger than myself.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Not my will....

So, today, my hands are a bit shaky, my brain is a bit scattered, and my feet are a bit cold, as they always are, because i cannot seem to adjust to the 60 degree difference in weather!


I think i've forgotten the art of sitting still.
Because i can't seem to do it.

But just as He always does.. Jesus meets me where I am.

I'll be honest, i have barely touched my bible since i've been home.
I really think it's because i've become a bit stubborn; after six months inside a "pressure cooker,"  my brain is exhausted from seeking and growing. Sounds crazy, huh? Well, it's true. My stupid human self thinks that it's all about ME ME ME, and God quietly reminds me that, no, it's actually not about me, it's about HIM. I am reminded that I should never stop seeking and growing in the Lord. God has so many depths that are so overlooked, and i want to SEEK that daily! So here's me, asking Jesus to give me wisdom. To seek the Father heart of God, to walk into the fullness of His power, to turn my eyes away from the world and look to Him, and to be PRAYING daily, because prayer moves in Heaven.

Proverbs 2:1-6
"My daughter, if you receieve my words
and treasure up my commandments with you,
making your ear attentive to wisdom
and inclining your heart to understanding;
yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God."