Hi, I'm Brenna. Follow me as I follow my Savior into the arms of the broken. It's truly satisfying to be part of something bigger than myself.

Monday, August 8, 2011

"It’s hard when something from God feels so certain but not at all tangible.  And being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people and few kindred spirits can be difficult."

This is a quote from the blog of one of the most amazing people in my life, Rebecca Simpson. It just spoke directly to my heart because i am craving the tangible confirmation as to why God has me where i am, doing what i am doing, thinking what i am thinking. i just do not know sometimes. but i know this is where i have been planted for this season. my life is not difficult, i am so blessed. my faith is being strengthened through trials that i am able to conquer. God has not given me an overcoming life, he has given me life as i overcome. if i could take a snapshot of what is going on in my head these days, it would look like the house of a hoarder. wondering why certain things ended the way they did, not understanding why other things never started. holding onto old customs, thoughts and habits that seem to stick me, testing old theologies and welcoming new thoughts and wishes. dreaming new dreams but not losing sight of desires the Lord has allowed me to see, but not have. rejoicing in the Lord and binding the devil. seeing the promise land ahead of me and thanking the Lord that i am not who i was a year ago.

"we are pressed, but not crushed. persecuted, but not abandoned. struck down, but not destroyed. blessed beyond the curse for HIS promise will endure. HIS joy is gonna be my strength."