Hi, I'm Brenna. Follow me as I follow my Savior into the arms of the broken. It's truly satisfying to be part of something bigger than myself.

Monday, October 17, 2011

today.

today i am 20.
today the sun is shining.
today i am so humbled by the grace of Jesus. 
today i feel more love than i ever have.


i thank GOD i have walked through the fire (and still am!) because i have been refined. 
today and EVERYDAY i am in passionate pursuit of my Savior. 


A year ago, i was sitting at the starbucks in Kona, Hawaii at bible school, surrounded by some of the greatest people i have ever met. today, i am in batdorf & bronson in olympia. If you had asked me a year ago where i thought i would be right now, my answer would have been Biola University or South Africa as a missionary. Clearly, this was not God's plan, and I am so glad it wasn't! 


things hardly ever go my way. i've had more things taken from me in the past year than i have had given to me. at the time it feels like the end of the world, but now i see that it was for the glory of God, because His word and promises were fulfilled beyond everything i could ever imagine. i still wonder why i freak out when i am not in control of my life, but if i was, it'd be pretty messed up. so here i am, entering into a new decade of life, and literally throwing it at Jesus. Because i don't want my life. I don't want any crowns or credit or attention. I just want to see my Savior being glorified through trials, successes, joys and sorrows. 


Here's to Jesus. Today and everyday.